Friday, February 17, 2017

RunDisney

This weekend is the Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World!  



From someone who has done 4 RunDisney weekends (I can't believe its been 4 already!!!!), I can attest that it is definitely something that you can easily get hooked on!  I mean, come on, how cool is it to run through Cinderella's Castle at Magic Kingdom, or backstage nears the animal holding areas at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

I think my favorite RunDisney moment was my first!  I had no idea what to expect and it was my very first race... EVER!!!  I started small, and ran my first 5K during the Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend in February of 2014!  It seems like a lifetime ago!  

Throughout the race course, cast members are there to cheer you on and photographers will catch you in your awkward, exhausted mode, and lucky for you, you can link those special pictures to your Memory Maker package!  Also throughout the race course are characters that you don't normally see inside the parks!  There are photopass photographers at those locations so you don't have to pull out your phone and potentially stop your tracking app.



After all is said and done (and you're done early because they need to get the races done before the parks open), you have accomplished something great in the middle of the most magical place on Earth!  And now, you can enjoy the rest of the day in the parks.  All in all, some will say its just another road race, but to me, its definitely an experience that I will NEVER forget!  Oh and the bling is pretty cool too!





Mickey World Travel can book your vacations along side of the RunDisney races and apply promotions offered through the Walt Disney World Co.  Contact Heather for more information and dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment